ProVision Not Opening - McAfee Anti-Virus
If you have McAfee Anti-Virus and ProVision doesn't open when double-clicking on the desktop/start menu shortcut please follow these steps:
- When you double-click on the 'NES ProVision' shortcut and Windows reports that the file is missing, do you want to delete the shortcut click No.
- Open McAfee from the Windows start menu or by double-clicking on the McAfee icon next to the clock in the bottom-right of the screen.
- Click 'Navigation' or click the cog at the top-right
- Click 'Quarantined and Trusted Items' then 'Quarantined Items'
- From the list select NES ProVision v1.0.exe or similar then click 'Restore'
- To add the ProVision file as an excluded file (so it doesn't continue to go into quarantine) do the following:
- From the home screen of McAfee click 'Navigation' or click on the cog at the top-right
- Click 'Virus and Spyware Protection' or similar, click the 'Real Time Scanning' box
- Below the big white box named 'Real-Time Scanning' expand the section named 'Excluded Files'
- Click 'Add FIle', navigate to c:\Program Files (x86)\NES Health\NES ProVision select the file named NES ProVision v1.0.exe (note the .exe part may be hidden). The file should then appear in the 'Excluded Files' list. If you have ProVision Animal installed repeat this step for the following file: C:\Program FIles (x86)\NES Health\NES ProVision Animal\NES ProVision v1.0.exe
- Close McAfee
- Open ProVision as normal